Citrix Receiver provides remote access to your XenApp app’s, docs and desktops.
If your company uses Citrix to host applications, you can use Citrix Receiver to check your email, review documents, tune into project dashboards, and approve expenses from your Android smartphone, tablet, or other device using Android OS. Just ask your help desk for the URL to set up Receiver.
If your company doesn’t use Citrix yet, you can still install Citrix Receiver and try a demo of virtual environments (http://citrixcloud.net/).
What you can do with Citrix Receiver:
• Access your applications and Windows desktop at your office, home, or on the road
• Keep your information stored on your provider’s secure servers, not on your device
• Move from desktop to tablet to smartphone
Citrix Receiver is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android and BlackBerry. Additional platforms coming soon. For more information on Citrix Receiver, go to http://citrix.com/receiver.
If you're upgrading, here's what’s new in Version 2.1 (1062):
• Improved application interactions:
o Display the Windows pointer using the trackpad
o Hover with the magnifier to zoom content
o Device automatically adjusts the screen to follow text
o Predictive text completes selected words
o Copy and paste text between hosted apps and local apps
o Advanced multi-touch 2-finger and 3-finger gestures (for example, the 3-finger tap now opens the on-screen keyboard)
• Optimized for the Honeycomb user interface
• A new and improved logon experience to XenApp and XenDesktop applications and desktop
• A home screen widget that allows for rapid access to your applications and desktops from a mini-app that lives on your home screen
• Global search integrates application search results
• Two-way audio and recording audio between server and client (for voice-enabled chat applications, such as Skype)